Employer: RMK Merrill Stevens
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Marine Electrician
Job Description: Summary
RMK Merrill-Stevens, Florida’s Oldest Shipyard located in Miami, FL, is under Major Renovation requiring an Industry Experienced Marine Electrician to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Marine AC/DC Electrical Systems. Your work must be of the highest international standards to meet Classification Society Requirements of ABS, Lloyds and the US Coast Guard.
As an Hourly Member of our Electrical Department, your work with electrical, navigational, internal communications and emergency systems requires you to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications. Taking responsibility, maintaining flexibility and safely performing multiple duties and tasks under stressful or hazardous conditions will lead you to success in our fast-paced environment.
• Able to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and electrical code specifications
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful or hazardous conditions
• Proactive in problem solving
• Quickly and efficiently complete tasks in a safe manner
• Ability to work with or without supervision
• Job requires you to be fit for duty; able to walk, stand, climb, lift and carry up to 50 lbs., reaching, hand/eye coordination and able to work around moving machinery on a moving ship.
• Provide own tools.
• English language is necessary. Spanish highly preferred.
Required experience and education:
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 2 years of experience as a Marine Electrician or similar role within the marine industry.
• Two-year Associates or Technical Degree preferred.
• Marine certification preferred.
• Overtime, nights and weekend work may be required as customer service needs fluctuate
Required Service and interpersonal skills:
• Tendency to display endurance and capacity for a fast pace
• Able to work independently at times and make sound decisions
• Knows limitations and when to ask for help
• The ability to stoop, crouch, pull, push, reach, hear, near vision, kneel, talk, stand, grasp and lift to 50 lbs. while working around moving machinery on a moving ship
• Uses correct language; speaks clearly; listens
• Greets clients; is respectful; is courteous; has acceptable attitude
• Expresses ideas and thoughts well verbally; exhibits good listening and comprehension
• Speaks politely and respectfully with all members of the organization
• Deals directly with co-workers to resolve misunderstandings; does not gossip or complain
• Follows-up quickly and completely; keeps management informed of situations and outcomes
Attendance & Punctuality:
• Punctual to work; has good attendance; uses good judgment
• Attends meetings when directed; follows company policies/goals
• Understands need for adhering to set schedules and deadlines
• Maintains 100% attendance, punching in/out within established guidelines (No Early Ins/Late Outs) and begins working on time
• Uses Deputy Scheduling System (via app or iPad Kiosk) to punch in/out, manage schedule, request time off and communicate to manager regarding scheduling issues
• Leaves for/returns from breaks on time. Punches out/in when leaving yard during breaks
• Is always at assigned vessel or “on-task” except during break periods