Employer: Marine Technical Services
Email Address: job@goMTS.net
Position Title: Marine Technician - Electronics and Electrical
Job Description: Regional leader in Marine Electronics and Electrical Systems seeks applicant to join our team of highly experienced technicians and installers. A veteran technician with direct and specific experience and references in this trade including certifications such as NMEA, ABYC, or electronics manufacturer certifications would be the ideal candidate. If you are this type of experienced applicant we can offer pay and benefits exceeding what you are making now. A signing bonus and moving allowance is also a possibility to motivate an experienced technician to join our team.
Any candidate with marine service work or systems installation experience could also be a strong applicant as we can train the specific electronics/electrical technical skills. Recent trade school graduates or career changers may be considered as well but will start at a level commensurate with experience.
Our company will invest in the right candidate with above average wages, benefits, a company van, specialized tools and equipment as needed, company apparel, helper and administrative support as necessary, industry training/certifications, manufacturer training and certifications, and whatever else it takes to put the absolute best technician possible on each and every project. The position is full-time, year round, with allowance for medical benefits, 401(k), paid holidays, paid vacation, etc. We generally work 7:30am to 4:00pm M-F and take the weekends off. We have a brand new shop with a custom designed floor plan and resources specifically built for this business. The shop is located at the Herrington Harbour North Marina, one of the largest and most prosperous marinas on the Chesapeake Bay. We always have work to do so we have never laid off an employee.
We are a full service contractor offering sales, installation, service, design, consultation, and training on all major brands of marine electronics and electrical systems. Our team is a tight knit group of like-minded individuals with great pride in producing high quality results while respecting the boats we work on and the appearance and manner in which we conduct our business. Our workplace is a positive environment where we enjoy each other's company and what we do. There are no workplace politics or drama. We enjoy an impeccable reputation in the area for conducting business in a manner far above most marine contractors. A new hire will have to fit in with our company mindset and culture regardless of technical skills and experience.
Technician work highlights:
• Install GPS, chartplotters, fishfinders, radar, autopilots, VHF radios, stereos, satellite communication systems, A/V systems
• Brands include, but not limited to, Garmin, Furuno, Raymarine, Simrad, Lowrance, KVH, Intellian, Icom, Mastervolt, Victron, FLIR, Fusion and more
• Troubleshoot and repair same
• Powerboats and Sailboats, mostly private recreational but some commercial - Small trailer boats up to complete electronics and entertainment systems on multi-million dollar new custom yachts
• AC and DC electrical wiring
• AC and DC panels, systems, troubleshooting/repair - Install/service/troubleshoot batteries, chargers, inverters
• Bench work/soldering/component assembly
• Transducer installation/service
• PC Navigation systems installation/service
• NMEA 0183/2000 wiring
• Light fabrication/woodworking/fiberglass/paint as necessary to fit electronics
• Aloft work on electronics and lights
• Battery replacements and other heavy lifting tasks
• Seatrials for equipment calibration and testing
• Customer training/orientation
• System design and documentation (schematic drawings)
If you have relevant experience and want to be on a winning team we would like to hear from you.
Marine Technical Services