Employer: Washburn & Doughty Associates, Inc.
Email Address: email@example.com
Position Title: Human Resources Director
Compensation/Rate: $28.00 an hour
Job Description: Position Description
Job Title: Production Designer
Reports To: Naval Architect – Engineering Department
To provide accurate and on time production design drawings that support production work packages for the construction of steel and aluminum vessels. In addition, maintain proper design documentation and associated design revision details.
• Produce sketches, proposals, renderings and accurate finished construction drawings for new construction.
• Design drawings will include structure, machinery foundations, piping systems, electrical systems, HVAC systems, vessel outfitting.
• Create detail design drawings and documentation based on customer’s current specifications and relevant regulatory requirements.
• Lofting and nesting of parts. Produces accurate and precise parts and appropriate nesting of steel plate.
• Monitor and maintain departmental core deliverables while meeting or exceeding required drawing schedules.
• Professionally interfaces with Production, Purchasing, Management, Customers and outside inspection authorities.
• Assist in the production issues throughout the construction of the ship.
• All other related tasks as assigned.
• Desire 3-5 years of marine design work experience, or other design experience in a technical environment. Consideration may be given to an individual fresh out of an advanced or technical school design program.
• Computer skills: AutoCAD 2-D and Rhino-3D desired. Microsoft Office, Excel
• Analytical skills along with a strong mechanical aptitude.
• Must be comfortable working in both the office and on shop floor as position requires.
• Must have the ability to work within required regulatory code.
• Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team based environment as well as independently.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize work appropriately.
• Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally.
• Ability to work overtime on an as need basis.
• Must be able to work for extended periods at a PC work station.
• May periodically go into the production environment to talk to supervision or to visually verify an arrangement or to take a measurement(not as a routine)