Employer: Atlantic Marine Power Systems
Email Address: email@example.com
Position Title: Marine Welder/Machinist
Compensation/Rate: $21.00 to $33.00 /hour dependence on experience
Job Description: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Medical, dental, vision & ancillary benefits; 401(k)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Note that the below are normal for this position but are not all-inclusive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Candidate shall have a minimum of a machinist certification or 3 years’ experience working as a full time machinist or fabricator.
• Able to operate machine shop equipment to include milling, cutting, drilling and bending/forming machines.
• Required to operate forklifts and other material handling equipment.
• Maintain active list of project timelines and prioritize job tasks.
• Inspect parts to assure conformance to specification.
• Remain technically current.
• Analyze technical data.
• Perform special projects.
• Preferably be proficient with welding of aluminum and steel, and stick welding of all types of metals.
• Experience with supporting maintenance, repair and fabrication operations.
• Able to effectively provide verbal and written communication with customers.
• Maintain compliance with OSHA requirements and a clean and safe work area at all times.
• Machinist Certification or 3 years’ experience working as a full time machinist or fabricator.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
• Expected to work outside normal hours of operations as support.
• Clean driving record.
• Outside conditions, extreme heat and cold. Marine operations are subject to varied wake and motion.
• Ability to carry materials weighing upwards of 100 pounds.
• Ability to determine safe or unsafe conditions. Process calculations occasionally.
• Observe for safety. Vision correctible to 20/40. Full color vision, no night blindness. Full range of all limbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $33.00 /hour
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
• How many years of Machinist experience do you have?
• How many years of Welder experience do you have?
• What is the highest level of education you have completed?
• Are you in Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315?
• Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?