Employer: New England Finish Systems
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Assistant project Manager
Job Description: The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for daily correspondence and interaction with clients, subcontractors, and vendors related to project scheduling, equipment, and materials. This includes assembling of project logs, such as equipment, submittal, and shop drawing logs.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and within established policies and procedures, the incumbent performs the following functions:
1. Prepare bids by producing budget estimates for jobs in the planning and preconstruction stages. Prepare estimates from bid walks and SOW to include labor, materials, profit, overhead and taxes.
2. Attend bid walks; take photos, bid notes and measurements when necessary.
3. Complete required compliance documentation for General Contractor or client.
4. Assists in the coordination of all issues related to contract scope with the estimate and resolves any issues and discrepancies.
5. Review plans, specifications and bid documentation required for the projects estimate.
6. Perform material takeoffs and get the required pricing.
7. Prepare for and participate in pre-bid and post-bid meetings.
8. Receive change orders, review changes and determine pricing within seven days. Create change order request in JD Edwards.
9. Review, monitor, and update project documentation, including schedule, processes, and project related expenses.
10. Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all departments, locations, and customers.
11. Ensures confidentiality of company matters. Maintains good communication; establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others.
12. Performs similar or related duties as required or directed.