Employer: RIBCRAFT USA, LLC
Email Address: email@example.com
Position Title: Design Engineer
Job Description: RIBCRAFT, a world leading builder of professional grade rigid inflatable boats (RIBs) has an opening for a Design Engineer. RIBCRAFT is looking for a candidate with a high level understanding of marine systems, design / engineering, standards and building requirements, and manufacturing experience on small / medium size boats.
The Design Engineer is responsible for generating, designing, and implementing mechanical, electrical, propulsion and structural system designs on marine products built for commercial, military, and recreational use. Also have involvement for the development of new tooling and product designs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate general arrangement (GA) drawings and as built drawings
- Product development including quotation of new projects, new component design and documentation, propulsion and mechanical systems development, laminate design, electrical system design, and bill of material development.
- Work with Sales to accurately respond to requests for quotations.
- Develop and maintain Construction Drawings, Bill of Material (BOM) and Manufacturing Processes.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies included but not limited to ABYC, ABS, NMMA, and USCG.
- Provide manufacturing support for new designs and facilitate the resolution of production issues as new products move through production.
- Provide project management on highly custom or critical delivery projects.
- Produce technical documentation data and testing packages in accordance with Government Agency requirements.
- Provide manufacturing support through construction drawings and process work instructions.
- Degree in related field or equivalent experience in the design / engineering of commercial and recreational powerboats.
- Experience with USCG on Sub-T Passenger-for-hire vessels
- Minimum 2 - 3 years experience.
- 3D CAD experience: Solidworks and / or AutoCAD/Mechanical Desktop.
- Experience with military systems/components/procedures a plus
- Marine industry experience.
- Energetic self-starter with a willing can do attitude
RIBCRAFT offers a competitive salary, benefits, great work environment, and a dynamic workforce. Please fax resumes to 781.639.9062 or send resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org